Have you ever taken zitromax?

I have the flu and Upper Respiratory Infection, Bronchitis and pneumonia.. they gave it to me and I feel FUNNY I am worried it will effect the baby I am 25 weeks.. so she is developed but still worried. The hospital gave it to me, they know I am pregnant cause when I first came in they rushed me to labor and delivery cause they couldn't find her heart beat and she wasn't moving.. all is well with that .. she was hiding and resting but I am worried the effect this might have on her.

Punkslilncs

Asked by Punkslilncs at 4:35 PM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• They give zithromax to babies.

Safefetus.com lists it as a risk category B:

"Either animal-reproduction studies have not demonstrated a fetal risk but there are no controlled studies in pregnant women, or animal-reproduction studies have shown an adverse effect (other than a decrease in fertility) that was not confirmed in controlled studies in women in the first trimester (and there is no evidence of a risk in later trimesters)."

Answer by gdiamante at 4:42 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• You have to weigh the minimal risk of taking the antibiotic...VS not taking it and allowing the infection to increase putting more strain on your system..thus stress to the baby. I would absolutely take it.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:45 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• you should be fine, i took it while pregnant and my boys are just fine
    Jssg1986

Answer by Jssg1986 at 9:24 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• It is my favorite antibiotic.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:56 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Found out why I was feeling odd I had an allergic reation to that and my heart meds they don't do well together and made my heart race just got home from the er..
    Punkslilncs

Comment by Punkslilncs (original poster) at 9:57 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Hope you feel better.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 10:38 PM on Mar. 2, 2011