Toddler Board Books - Any suggestions?

I am working on a list of books that I will be buying my 20 month old daughter. She loves classics like 5 Little Monkeys, Daddy Kisses, Brown Bear, and Snuggle Wuggle. I find it more times than not though I will purchase a book and she shows little interest.

She loves books with vivid colors and ways we can interact or sing to her. Like with Daddy Kisses, each new page leads to kisses and the last page has TONS of kisses.

She does not like the book titled Guess How Much I Love You. It's just uninteresting to her. You simply read it, that's it.

*Really hope this is making sense lol*

Do you all have any suggestions for books that your kiddos love (within her age group, please)?

Thanks!

Razelda

Asked by Razelda at 4:37 PM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Anything by Boynton and Chicka Chicka ABC book!
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 4:40 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Eric Carl has many books look him up she will love those!
    We're Going on a Bear Hunt
    Curious George
    Chicka Chicka Boom Boom (sp?)
    Sheep in a Jeep (this author has a whole line of sheep books too!)

OMG we have like over 300books haha my daughter now 3 loves to read & she knows all the stories, let me go look at some more of what she has I am having a brain cramp but look up all of Eric Carls books I bet anything she will love those ones! He has tons!
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 4:42 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Thanks Spotted. Chicka Chicka was actually on my list (one of the few LOL) so I went ahead and bought it! =)

Thanks Mel. Will see what I can find on Ebay. =)
    Razelda

Comment by Razelda (original poster) at 4:44 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Clap Your Hands - Lorinda Bryan Cauley

Little White Duck - a song but you can buy the book Lyrics are by Walt Whippo music by Bernard Zaritzky

Bear on a Bike - Stella Blackstone

Look them up these are just a few of a million great books! haha
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 4:44 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Just bought Clap Your Hands and Sheep In a Jeep (for now). =). Looking at others!
    Razelda

Comment by Razelda (original poster) at 4:47 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Fish Kisses by Marianne Richmond is a fun one.

I've got a nice stock of Eric Carle and Boynton books, too.

The best method we've found is using the library. Gives her lots of variety and once you weed it down to her favorites, you can invest in buying the books.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 4:48 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• We don't have the time or the ability to go to the library often. Very busy family, one car, crazy schedules, etc. Lol. So if we did go we'd for sure be returning the books late, fees, etc. Just a mess for us. Thanks though =)

I will look up those two authors. People seem to like them! =)

Thanks!
    Razelda

Comment by Razelda (original poster) at 4:50 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Both of my kids (girl and boy) LOVED the "How Do Dinosaurs...." books. They have a bunch in the series, we have How Do Dinosaurs... Clean their rooms, Love Their Cat, Count to Ten, Say Goodnight...they love them all. Getting my son more for his birthday.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 4:55 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I sell Barefoot Books and the books are absolutely beautiful. Colorful and interactive. We love them.

www.kim-faust.barefootbooks.com

MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 5:16 PM on Mar. 2, 2011