Has anyone been taking cymbalta and up and quit?

If you have, did you have any side effects? What were the pros and cons for just up and quitting?

arkelly2188

Asked by arkelly2188 at 4:38 PM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Health

• it did not work for me
    devinalexis

Answer by devinalexis at 4:41 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I am on cymbalta and I have forgotten like over a weekend and I get these weird brain surges.. nothing horrible or anything and then I got dizzy but the longest was 3 days without them - I actually like cymbalta but on the Max dose :(
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:41 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• It worked for me. I had to stop because i could not afford it, and ever since i have been off of it (2 weeks) i have gainded 3 ponds, i cry all the time and i have horrible pain in my lower abdominal region. And i feel...wel...depressed. 10 times more depressed than i was before i started taking it
    arkelly2188

Comment by arkelly2188 (original poster) at 4:44 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Maybe you feel so much worse because you finally felt "Better " or "good" I am so so so sorry you can't afford it - this should be treated just like any other disease and be a NEEDED substance.. I am so upset over the medical/ government / insurance industry I could vomit.. especially knowing how hard it is to try to live your life without meds.. I'm SO sorry
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:45 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• You should NEVER just stop taking these types of drugs. You should be stepping down because serious side affects can happen.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:14 PM on Mar. 2, 2011