Read the book, or see the movie?

I like to do both, but generally prefer to read the book first.

jengray72

Asked by jengray72 at 4:44 PM on Mar. 2, 2011 in

• I am the same as you. I prefer to read the book then see the movie.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 4:45 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I have found that I am always disappointed in the movie if I read the book first.  Now I just try to read the book.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 4:45 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I like to read the book first...and I always THINK I'm going to love the movie but I usually end up getting pissed because things aren't all accurate. I'm one of THOSE people, that points out the consistencies and complains about it and you end up wanting to punch them in the face.
    metalhealthmom

Answer by metalhealthmom at 4:46 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I like to do both. Sometimes I'll read the book then see the movie or see the movie then read the book, lol.
    shortmommy23

Answer by shortmommy23 at 4:47 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I usually will go see the movie first. Only because the books tend to be a little better than the movies. They go into more detail and I don't want to be disappointed with either one.
    Mommy2Ashlynn06

Answer by Mommy2Ashlynn06 at 4:49 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• both, but always read the book first, that way if the movie is bad it doesn't ruin the book for me.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 5:20 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Read. But if i've read the book I'm compelled to see the movie.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 5:23 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Read, but I'll see the movie later so I can talk about how the book was so much better. :-)
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 5:36 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I agree with you...i like to read the book first, then see the movie.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 5:45 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I agree with MrsHouston, the movie is usually less than the book so see the movie first, then you will not be disappointed by the book .

There are exceptions. I am no Agatha Chrstie fan but I enjoyed the dramatised versions on TV . The movies of books bY E.M.Foster , such as A Room With a VIew, were great but I found the books tiresome .

janet116

Answer by janet116 at 6:38 PM on Mar. 2, 2011