Anyone else have a picky eater?

My daughter is 4 and refuses to eat anything else other than spaghetti, chicken nuggets and french fries and cereal. I was wondering if any of you have dealt with this before and how you handled it.

Up until a few months ago she ate pretty well rounded meals and I didn't have a problem gettin her to eat veggies and stuff.

Mommy2Ashlynn06

Asked by Mommy2Ashlynn06 at 4:45 PM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Yep. SS is the same way. He only eats certain foods.. I can't remember what they are because he's only here two days out of the week. He also thinks he has to eat like a newborn. He will seriously take only two bites of something and then ask for something else 5 seconds later unless someone makes him sit there and eat all of his food.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 4:55 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• When my kids started doing this they had to options, either eat what I made or make themselves supper, I think my son made a pennut butter and jelly sandwich once and never did it again. Also, the rule in our house is you have to try everything and eat all of one thing so if we have steak, potatos and a veggie they have to try everything and they can eat all their steak and be done.

I think one key is to not give in. Kids will not starve themselves so if she isn't eating then not force her, although I would not be making her something seperate form what everyone else has to eat.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 4:59 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• every child likes pizza..not my child! chicken, french fries, hamburger, hot dog. peas, corn, applesand sometimes mashed potato or peanut butter and crackers. Will not eat mac and cheese, waffles, pancakes, pizza, speghetti. He only likes his chicken breaded in certain ways, only likes certain french fries and I need to peel the darn skin off the hot dogs. I tried so hard to make him a healthy eater. We have balanced meals together as a family--he just won't eat any of it. I guess that his uncle would only eat peanut butter sandwiches and doritos until he was six and he came out alright so I am ahead of that at least.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 5:29 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• PS my ped said to be happy was eating and told me to give him vitamins and be sure his milk content was high.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 5:30 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Yeah my Dr. said the same thing. She does get vitamins everyday and she loves milk. Thanks for all the feedback ladies.
    Mommy2Ashlynn06

Comment by Mommy2Ashlynn06 (original poster) at 5:37 PM on Mar. 2, 2011