Tmobile? not sure where to put this....

Ok so i asked a question yesterday about a contract issue i am having with T-mobile. I changed my plan back in August and have been getting billed double every month because they say that the contract i signed which had a GRAND monthly total of $124.98 on the bottom didn't include the cost of the messaging and web and that it was just the minutes. So I consulted with an attorney who told me that if any ambiguity in the contract is the fault of the company who drafted it not the consumer. So i called tmobile and told them that and they are still saying there is nothing they can do. Has anyone had any experience taking a company to small claims court or arbitration that can give me some advice? Also i told them if they couldn't give the monthly payment that i was promised on the contract could they at least let me out of the contract because it isn't up until 2012 and that i wanted to take my business elsewhere and they even said no to that. GRRRRR...anyone have any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:46 PM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Technology

• I'm sorry, I didn't see your other question, but can't you just break the contract and pay the early termination fee?
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 5:35 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• The early fee is $600.00 and i kind of feel like it would be wrong to pay them...I mean THEY broke the contract. I shouldn't have to pay for that.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:37 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Wow, that is a huge termination fee. That really sucks that you're dealing with that. I've been with T-Mobile for about 7 years with no problems. Their customer service has always been satisfactory to me.
    This is a tough one though because it's so hard to fight big companies with high-powered lawyers...that's why people do class-action suits, where a bunch of complainants can come together to try to take on the big guy. Did the attorney have any suggestions? If not, as wrong as it seems, you may just have to pay the cancellation fee. If the contract wording truly is confusing or misleading, then rest assured that somewhere down the road, there WILL be a lawsuit, as lawyers eat this stuff up.
    Sorry, hope everything works out for you.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 5:43 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Try calling their loyalty department. I hope this works for you:

* Step one: T-Mobile’s customer support line. 1-800-937-8997
    * Step two: Say “Contract, CONtract…CONTRACT” to the automated system.
    * Step three: Manage to get yourself to the loyalty department
    Anonymous