When should my son Move to his own room???

My son is three months old and Im just wondering when is the best time to move him to his room??

apeclark2008

Asked by apeclark2008 at 10:52 PM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• So try just getting him familiar to it and if hes comfy there then try it out for naps. Slowly introduce it. He might really like it!
    nicholelpb

Answer by nicholelpb at 11:02 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• When you are ready. I was ready after the first night home LOL I woke up to every little baby noise he made. But in our home his room is right next to ours so I can hear him right away if he's crying or just awake.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:55 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I didn't move mine out until 1 year, and even then he had his sister in the same room, right next to ours. He still comes and gets in bed with us (he's 2). Wait till you and him are ready. Does he cry when he wakes up to let you know he is hungry? Do you sleep better knowing he is right there and you are right there if he needs you. I couldn't sleep at all when my little girlstarted sleeping in her own room (at the time was on the other side of the house) so she slept on her little toddler ben in my room for a LONG time. Now that we have moved and they are right nest to my room, I sleep better, otherwise they would still be in hereLOL
    ketha04

Answer by ketha04 at 11:00 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• about three months is actually when we moved her to her room. We started with just naps and such. We also put her in her crib while she was awake so she could get used to it and familiar with her new beautiful bed. She took to it really well by 4-5 months she was sleeping thorugh the night in her room. she loved it.
    nicholelpb

Answer by nicholelpb at 11:00 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Whenever you want. There is no "right" time. There is only what is right for your family.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:01 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• depends on you and your LO, but mine stayed in bed and n the same room with me til around 2..my daughter stillsleeps in bed with us occasionally and baby, always.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 11:13 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• whenever you and he are both ready.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 11:17 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Mine wen't into their own rooms when they were old enough to close the door in my face and say MINE and OUT MOMMA. We family bedded. I was sad and happy when they left.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 11:58 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• when HE is ready. cause if you try to do it when you're ready but he's not, you're in for complications & stress. who's ever ready for that? lol. 3mos is way too soon to worry about these kinds of things. enjoy your newborn & the closeness while you can.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 12:21 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• im probaly going to move my son into his own room around a year..hes had alot of problems soothing himself and falling asleep and i dont feel like running back and forth all night trying to deal with swtiching lol hes 6 1/2 months now..SO basically i'd say its a personal choice, when hes ready and when ur ready
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 12:28 AM on Nov. 21, 2008