I have a girlfriend but recently found out I am preggo

I know who the father is and do not want anything to do with him. My girlfriend doesn't know about my condition or my involvement with the guy. Can we still have a meaningful and romantic relationship if I bring this pregnancy to term? I realise that I have to tell her, but I don't know how she will react.

amy27c

Asked by amy27c at 10:52 PM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Relationships

• dont hurt to try..she might get upset..let her have some time
    Anonymous

• Only you know your girlfriend and how she would really feel about the situation. Does she want kids or does she already have kids? Do you think that the father of the baby would want to be out of the child's life? Would you be willing to let him in the child's life? Anyway, a lot of issues and questions you two have to decide. If she doesn't want to stay with you then there is always someone out there who would love you for you and your child. Best wishes.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 10:55 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I would think it would be the same if you were heterosexual and the same thing happened. Someone thought you had a special relationship together. You went out and got pregnant by someone else. I'm sure there will be feelings of distrust and betrayal. She possibly may not want a family. I'm sure she's going to be hurt. I think I'd be telling her soon so she has time to deal with it. Good luck on that.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:58 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Second time today I am recomending adoptin. Children need two parent homes and you don't sound like your'e in that serious of a relationship if you JUST found out you're pg.
    Praying

Answer by Praying at 12:31 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Praying, you do realize single parents can adopt children, right? Kids don't need two parents. Sure, it would be nice to have two adults involved in the childs life.. but being single doesn't mean you can't meet your child's needs.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 1:12 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Does she want to have kids? She will be hurt by the betrayal, but a new baby can bring some couples closer...I would tell her ASAP, bc the longer you wait the more chances she might question other things...
    mrsfarris

Answer by mrsfarris at 2:29 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Thats up to you ma... I am all for equal rights for ALL PEOPLE, REGARDLESS.... if you think your ready, talk to her... See what she wants to do... Talk to her asap before it gets too far....

You guys need to figure out together what you need to do.. Adoption or if you will keep the baby and raise it with all the love you two have!

Jennifer.
    tyree08

Answer by tyree08 at 4:03 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• i think she might come around if it does upset her but i understand if you were with a man that make me mad to but on the other hand you both could raise the child 2 mammas rock totally!!! just give her time if she truly loves you she will stay...keep us updated
    shannonmarie759

Answer by shannonmarie759 at 5:49 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• well i have a girlfriend myself and i think you should tell her because the more u what the harder its going to get and she will be more upset because you took long to tell her.If she really loves you well then shell understand bt what about the father did you get pregnant on purrpose or what?i think my gf will be pissed off bt thats us
    mommydmcj

Answer by mommydmcj at 6:06 PM on Nov. 21, 2008