Would you feel used if you found out he was gay?

I found out my best guy friend from h.s. was actually gay. I started having flashbacks of being the "fill in" date, etc. Now I feel like I was possibly a closet attempt at times. I am justified in feeling this way or is it all about him and his struggle?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:20 PM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• Maybe he didn't know he was gay so if he used you it wasn't intentional. How about if you married him? That's what happened to my mom when she found out my dad was gay. That didn't go over well! She didn't feel used but she sure was pissed!

Answer by admckenzie at 5:24 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I think youre overreacting and making it about you when you should be supporting your friend. Its understandable to feel the way you do though, you have every right to feel that way but just realize that he was probably petrified & confused so it mayy not have been that way everytime.
    Mblessesd4x

Answer by Mblessesd4x at 5:26 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Used? no, in HS there is a lot of pressure to be "Normal", especially if you have a religious family.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:26 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Used? hardly. People hide what they are from themselves in high school & later because they think they need to. Now if you were my friend who was married to her husband 17 hrs and had 3 sons and found out he was cheating on her with a man, then yeah, you could say you were used.

Answer by gemgem at 5:29 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• It isn't easy coming out of the closet dear, maybe he was and just wasn't ready.

Answer by older at 5:30 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• He might not've known or wasn't ready to accept that he was Gay .. There's soo much to it that we don't know, so we can't really answer that for you... Plus, it was soo long ago (I figure) that it shouldn't matter now.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 6:30 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• idk, i have never been in that siution
    Jssg1986

Answer by Jssg1986 at 9:24 PM on Mar. 3, 2011