Am i wrong?

My son has not had a nap all day long. He was getting to where he's so tired he was getting mean and crying about everything. I gave him a bottle nd he threw it. I laid down with him and he just wantes to pinch and hit me. So I put him in his roomin his bed and shut the door. Was hoping he would go to sleep but he just cried the whole time! After about 8 mins i went and got him. He was still laying in his bed. I got him out and he was still whiny and being mean. I thought about putting him back in there but I just can't let him cry it breaks my heart ):
it has beeen 2 hours since I've done it. He has been layin with me on the couch and he is so tired he keeps falling asleep for like 2 mins but then wakes up!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:22 PM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• This has happened plenty of times with mine.  It usually happens because they have become TOO tired and then can't go to sleep.  Try to put him down a little earlier and see if that helps.  :)

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 5:23 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Ever thought he might be coming down with something and feels bad but he can't tell you? Do you have a rocker where you can rock him?

Answer by admckenzie at 5:27 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Try warm milk. It really helps alot. Id also do a routine as if you would at bed time. Have hime go potty/change his diaper and let him relax in bed while reading him a story. And always remember that if hes in his bed and just a little whiny then let him be. Try not to take him out of his room if he is laying there fine. He prob was/is overtired and will soothe himself to sleep. GL! It will be over soon! lol
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:28 PM on Mar. 2, 2011