• In the Spotlight:

So many oppinions!?

I was suprised what the dentist told me when i had to nurse my youngest at the office. My older son was getting examined when i had to nurse the baby and before we left she let me know that it is not good for baby's teeth to nurse past 9 months.....he is 10 months old. I dont plan on stopping so soon. I nursed my 3rd son until he was 14 months and he self-weaned. Have any of you heard of this? My baby only has 2 bottom teeth so far and i do brush them.

team21

Asked by team21 at 5:29 PM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Rubbish. Keep nursing.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 5:30 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Im sure shes right but its NOT up to him! Do what you're doing and disreguard her "advice". SHe prob was trying to be helpful but def should have kept her mouth shut until asked
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:39 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• her*
    Steph319

• Your dentist is misinformed. Nursing helps with jaw development. Breast milk does not cause decay. Check out brianpalmerdds.com
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 5:46 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Pssh! I've never, ever, ever heard of that. Don't buy into it. Keep nursing!
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 6:27 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I haven't heard that. My son is 2.5 yrs and still nursing and his teeth are fine. I'll nurse DD as long as she wants as well.
    littlemama810

Answer by littlemama810 at 2:27 PM on Mar. 4, 2011