Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


Id like to go to school online toget my diploma and my friends recommended

My question is...Will they help with financial aid to take online courses for my HS Diploma? Ive searched that site up n down & im lost. I dont see where i need to go. HELP??

Answer Question

Asked by Mblessesd4x at 5:37 PM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Money & Work

Level 12 (706 Credits)
Answers (9)
  • I thought FAFSA was for accredited COLLEGES only.

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:00 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

  • Its and its to go to college, the public television program in my town offers an at home study pack for your GED for $50, and they provide a voucher for the GED test, when you feel you are ready to take it. Check it out where you live, you know the channel that shows Sesame Street and stuff like that, they should be able to help if they are anything like our public tv service here. Good Luck, I hope you find what you are looking for.

    Answer by april1967 at 6:10 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

  • Theres no way im gettin my GED , I am not smart enough (book smart) to get it in one test or two. I need my actual high school diploma so i can take my time & study. i just REALLY need some info about the high school plan. Does anyone have ANY clue if they do do that ??

    Comment by Mblessesd4x (original poster) at 7:35 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

  • High school is free, so why would you need financial aid? FAFSA is for grants and loans for college or technical programs.

    There are many programs available for high school completion. Check your local jr or community college--sometimes you can earn college credit by completing high school in one of their programs.

    Good luck!

    Answer by SnapdragonSMT at 8:33 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

  • Yes high school is free for teenagers. NOT for me who wants to go ONLINE like i said in my question. I wish people would learn to read & NOT comment if they cant help. Jeez!

    Comment by Mblessesd4x (original poster) at 8:36 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

  • Check to see if there are any Adult Continuing Education Programs in your town. They offer adults the high school courses they need to get their diploma or prepare them to take the GED tests for free. Online you would have to pay for your self & you want to make sure they are accredited or you will be throwing your money away! The FAFSA is strictly for college or tech programs.

    Answer by sarchasmicangel at 11:38 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

  • Go to your local Adult school and find out. I got my HS Diploma from Adult School and paid nothing.

    Answer by vjoaquin at 2:44 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

  • Contact you local community college; take a GED prep class, and take that test.
    I don't know why you think that you are not smart enough to be in school; you need to work on your self esteem! We are mothers, we can to anything we set our minds to!!!

    Answer by rkoloms at 5:36 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

  • I do not believe that they cover high school diploma programs. This application is for college tuition. You may have to go to one of the workforce programs to get your GED if you do not want to have to pay for a certificate. The programs are not that long and some programs are offered at a campus where you can take up a trade such as medical assisting or dental assisting.

    Answer by lele10000 at 9:35 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.