Starting a small home based business

A friend of mine and I are looking into starting a home resale business. I am also in the process of becoming a certified makeup artist and am thinking of somehow incorporating this into our business. Any advice from mom's who have done this would be awesome? We're looking into getting into the lingerie business/makeovers etc. Do we need a license to do this, a resale #? Has anyone ever started a small business from their home that is not direct sales or mlm. This will be our business, we wont be independent consultants.
Thank you for reading!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:37 PM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Money & Work

• I have a cleaning business and I just had to pay $50 for my license and signed up for a tax id. I live in OR. You should look up what you need to do for your state online or call your chamber of commerce, they can help you out. Goos Luck!
    sarchasmicangel

Answer by sarchasmicangel at 11:31 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Rules vary by state and town. You need to start with a business plan

Answer by rkoloms at 5:37 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Here are the steps you have to take to become a business:  write a business/marketing plan, make yourself a legal business, get licences, get a tax id number, open a business bank account, get funding, set up a business website/phone number/fax, buy from wholesalers, have a grand opening, market your business every day.

If you need some help, I invite you to join my business group.

HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:48 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Thank you ladies! I've contacted our city department and found out all the fees and what is needed. I'll be meeting with my friend tomorrow and we'll be discussing a business plan and other stuff.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:53 AM on Mar. 3, 2011