Who said I love you first?

You or your SO/DH? If you did how long were you together and how did you know it was the right time? Where you scared?

June_Mama09

Asked by June_Mama09 at 5:37 PM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• my husband did, it was 2 weeks in and it freaked me out. I made him go home, and didn't talk to him for a few days. I was 18 and wasn't looking for anything serious. now married for 13 years and 2 kids, he still jokingly asks if I am ready to be serious yet (it is our running joke)
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 5:49 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• DH said it first. We had been dating a few months and we were in his room just goofing around. He looks at me with a look I'd never seen before and I'm like "What?" He just wouldn't tell me, because he didn't know if he should. I said "If you feel like it should be said then go ahead and say it." And after a little bit more conviencing that he could tell me anything he said it. I almost cried and said it back. He replies "You don't have to say it if you don't want to." I assured him that I'd been trying not to say it for a while now and that made him feel better, because he had been holding it back too. :D
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 6:20 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• my boyfriend did
    Onmyown2727

Answer by Onmyown2727 at 5:39 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• My husband.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 5:39 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• My husband said it first, we were sophmores in high school. I dont think we were even dating that long 4-8 weeks. When he said it i didnt know what to say back, it took me alittle while to respond and yes i was scared. We have been together for almost 7 years now and married for 3
    mommyofone15

Answer by mommyofone15 at 5:40 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Hubs did.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 5:42 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• My husband did. It took me three weeks after he said for me to say it to him.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 5:49 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• He did

Answer by gemgem at 5:51 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Husband did, but we weren't really together because he was away at college and I wasn't so I do not believe in long distance relationships, but he came home one semester and asked me to marry him, and we did.

Answer by older at 5:55 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• he said it first
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 5:59 PM on Mar. 2, 2011