And I thought MY ring was expensive!

I thought MY upgraded engagement ring was worth a lot!

Mine was $4500. A friend of mine's soon-to-be SIL just got a $9000 ring!

metalhealthmom

Asked by metalhealthmom at 5:43 PM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I ran across the receipt for my ring a few months ago, so after 14 years of marriage, I know what my ring cost. It was $4000 in 1996 and my hubby was unemployed and recovered from a near-fatal accident caused on a fishing boat in Alaska. I'm lucky to have him and even luckier to have gotten a ring in the first place.

I'm wearing a cheap 'anniversary' band from Macy's that everyone thinks is real, but it was $11.00!!!! hehehehee
    SnapdragonSMT

Answer by SnapdragonSMT at 8:12 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Wow, he must love her WAY more lol!~
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:44 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• daaaaaaamn!

mine was about one grand. i wouldnt want to wear anything more expensive than that!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:48 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• thats a lot of money to spend on a ring my husband didnt spend but maybe 1000 but it doesnt matter how much. I wouldnt care if he didnt even buy me a ring at all. Cant put a price tag on love
    his88angel

Answer by his88angel at 5:51 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Hahaha. That was exactly what my hubs said! Then he said, "You're not getting another ring."

I still have the first ring he gave me-a small one when we found out I was pregnant. He saved for weeks and weeks. I wear it around my neck. I also wear his class ring on my other hand.
    metalhealthmom

Comment by metalhealthmom (original poster) at 5:45 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• When my friend got re-married she received a $15,000 ring. They went into NYC to get it!! very pretty!!!
    Onmyown2727

Answer by Onmyown2727 at 5:47 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• It's not about the price I love my ring, it was a $6000 ring, my order sisters was $800, she loves hers just as much, and I know she wouldn't trade it for the world, my sil has a 5 Carat center stone and 4 bands of smaller stones, I like my ring, not because of the price, or what it looks like, but because my hubby bought it for me.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 5:55 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I just want to be clear, I don't want another ring. I've gotten a few messages from some ladies offering me the 'advice' that I should love my husband and that he could have walked away when I got pregnant and blah blah blah. I DO love my husband! I was simply pointing out the price of my ring for comparison with her SIL's ring!
    metalhealthmom

Comment by metalhealthmom (original poster) at 5:56 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• LOL..$400, 30 years ago no upgrades. Added an anniversary band on our 20th.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:57 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I have NO clue how much mine was. I've never asked and I never researched it. It's beautiful and I love it!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 6:04 PM on Mar. 2, 2011