Really sick :(

I'm 31wks pregnant. I got a stupid flu shot the week before last and all last week I was coughing and had a stuffy nose and stuff. I called the doctor (the one that gave me the flu shot!) and they told me they didn't have any way to test for the Flu and to go to the Emergency room. I have never had the flu so I don't know what the symptoms are like, I just told them my symptoms and that's what they told me. My nose and cough cleared up but then yesterday I got really sick at my stomach. I have been throwing up and having awful stomach pains, I feel light headed and I'm cramping REALLY bad. I don't know what Braxton Hicks contractions feel like, but I think I might be having them. I feel dumb everytime I go to the ER because they never diagnose me with anything or give me anything to help with symptoms. I have a dr.appt tomorrow morning (they never really listen to me either), do you think I should attempt going to the ER or wait to go to my appt.?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:44 PM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Health

• If you're not keeping fluids down you should go. Also, the cramping could be a bug or it could be something more serious. Its too early to risk it, so I'd head on in just to be on the safe side.

Also, if you feel your doctor doesn't listen to you, maybe you should try finding a new one.
    metalhealthmom

Answer by metalhealthmom at 5:51 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Taking Vitamin D not only helps prevent the flu, but also helps other vitamins and minerals absorb into your body easier. When we ran out of vaccines for flu, we sent Vitamin D to 3rd world countries. It dropped the mortality rate from 80% to 20% due to Influinza. I think you got sick from the flu shot. But if you're really bad, call the Dr office and tell them what's going on. They can advise you better than we can.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 5:51 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I have tried finding a new doc but I have medicaid so I can only go to certain ones and I called all of them that accepted it and they said it's too late form me to transfer
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:55 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• They CAN test for the flu; they did it to me when I was pregnant with my daughter. I got violently ill (vomiting) and they kept insisting it was morning sickness but it was the flu. I, too, think you got sick from the flu shot.

Vitamin D is great for flu, both as a preventative measure and to help alleviate some of the symptoms if you do still catch it.

Anonymous

• I was on Medicaid while pregnant with my first child. I found out a month before I was due that the doc I'd been seeing all pregnancy DIDN'T deliver any babies. I changed my doctor immediately. I don't think it's EVER too late to change your doctor slash OB/GYN.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 6:06 PM on Mar. 2, 2011