money?

Who all is having money problems? my hubby works at toyota and there cutting out over time and he is going to be off 2weeks for christmas and only getting paid for 7days. They told him if sales don't pick up there in trouble. Also they already cut 250 jobs at toyota.

hinson7169

Asked by hinson7169 at 10:59 PM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Money & Work

• Yes! My husband works at a rock quarry and they just cut them back to 40hrs/wk, when their regular schedule is at least 70. He took a second job washing dishes at Bob Evans to save for a motorcycle, but instead it's keeping us afloat.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 11:08 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• i try not to watch the news, it is so depressing lately,, heard there are lots of lay offs here in colorado right before christmas.. it is just getting worse...
    strtngovrmom

Answer by strtngovrmom at 11:30 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I had some money issues my husband and I were at eachothers throats fighting about money every day. I understand its hard out there but with gas pices coming down its going to get easier. Plus i have some ideas i got from others moms here onhow to save money. First came from a sweet girl who sounds very smart about these things use a fabric sheet to replace the chemical cleaners for your bath tub also dont buy name brand plus craigs list has a lot of good things such as toys for kids ( some new) or bigger items I am selling a dresser on there now I have 5 dressers and dont need that many.
    Also look for stores with sales for food products like dont go to the more expensive stores for food. Other than that i started working from home but thats how my husband and Igot through our money issues. By the way the fabric sheet i tried and was shocked that it wrked as well as cleaners.
    youngarmywife

Answer by youngarmywife at 12:08 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Also i thought iwould add that if you look at cafe mom groups theres one that talks about streching your budget.
    youngarmywife

Answer by youngarmywife at 12:12 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• My hubby was laid off for just over 2 weeks and the guy under him quit so THANK GOD that company called hubby to come back. We are blessed and nervous but we are still doing a lot of cutting in our home to try to put a few dollars into the savings.

Times are hard right now and it's scary. I do find good money with my at home business (tupperware) but I haven't grown my team enough to pay for my mortgage YET!!!
    rocamom

Answer by rocamom at 7:23 AM on Nov. 21, 2008