Is this really acceptable as a childrens book???? (Mommy Laid an Egg)

My cousin bought this book for dd years ago without reading it first. Why should you have to read it first when its in the toddler section? lol Well I was reading it to dd and we came to a page with pictures (cartoon) of a naked mom and dad and the next page showed "how they FIT together". There were drawings of mom and dad having sex while doing "fun" things. I got red and closed the book. Its def a great gag gift for an adult and a good convo piece but not good for small children! lol If you dont have it hten you have to get it. Do you know what book Im talking about? What are you thoughts on it if you have it? TIA!

Steph319

Asked by Steph319 at 5:51 PM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I'm all for educating children who are curious, but I don't think visual aids are appropriate.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 6:16 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I completely agree Jazz
    Steph319

Comment by Steph319 (original poster) at 6:16 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Oh that's hillarious!!! Right up there with the book called "I wish Daddy didn't drink so much"... There really should be a "Toddler's Parents" section in the kid's book store. Seriously, now I want to see that book!!! :)

And no, I wouldn't get that for my or anyone's toddler. I'm going to wait a bit before bringing up the mechanics of how babies are made. If my son asks before I'm ready, I'll answer.
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 9:52 PM on Mar. 3, 2011