Any moms out there using a trundle bed for their kids?

So my husband and I are currently renting a 2 bedroom/2 bath home. We are only paying $1050 a month, which is saving us quite a bit of money right now. The bedrooms are pretty spacious and my 2 daughters are currently sharing a bedroom which comfortable fits a twin bed, a crib, a large chest of drawers/changing table, and 2 armours. We are paying off some bad credit/debt and saving up to buy a house next year (hopefully) and so we are pretty happy here financially.

The problem is that I'm pregnant and due in about 4 months. We just found out that we are having another girl! We know that eventually we are going to move out and get a 3 or 4 bedroom home, but for now, we want to keep renting this house and make the space work for us. My question is, since my kids are still young, and primarly use their room just to sleep, doesn't getting a trundle bed make sense? I'm thinking of having my 4-year old on the top bed, my 18-month old in the trundle, and my new infant baby in the crib. I just really don't want to get a bunk bed right now... I don't want my 4-year old jumping/falling down off the top.

Do any other moms out there use a trundle bed? Just want to know how you made it work? Or should a trundle bed be primarly used for sleep overs and not as a permanent solution, for now. If possible, can you post a pic of the bed... I'm just trying to get some ideas... and how much did you buy it for?

msp12r

Asked by msp12r at 5:58 PM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Shopping

• I've only got one right now but I don't see a problem with it. I'm not sure of the exact ages they have to be before they have their own room but I'm pretty sure all the same gender, as long as they each have their own bed, they're fine-a trundle sleeps two and its separate..so it should be fine.
    metalhealthmom

Answer by metalhealthmom at 7:06 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I do not see a problem with it. You might keep the baby in a cradle for 3 months or so.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:26 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Sounds like a great plan to keep saving money. Those LOs don't take up too much room. ;0)
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:08 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I have 3 little guys in one room and before we moved into this house we had a trundle bed for the twins and a toddler bed for my little guy. They loved it. They took turns sleeping on the top and bottom...we made it a little game....they just loved it!!!!
    9tigger

Answer by 9tigger at 12:20 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• anyway you can save money is great. with them being so young i dont see any problem with it, go for it.
    proudmom611

Answer by proudmom611 at 12:06 AM on Mar. 8, 2011