I took an equate early result pg test..... need help though adult content

I took an equate early result pregnancy test this morning when awaking... i know I peed enough on the stick, it was soaked!lol! I put the cap back on it and sat it down. I suppose it was the test window, but it never showed a line to show that the test was working properly.... it has the big circle and then the diamond looking one. the only line that i saw was the vertical line in the second window...but nothing in the other window... was that in invalid test???????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:02 PM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Don't get store brand PG tests....go with a name brand!
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 6:09 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• The cheapo $store or internet tests work just as good as a brand name one. I have never used the Equate brand before but I would suggest fully reading the instructions with it. If there is no control line then maybe you oversoaked it. If the line you see is the control line then it was a negative test.
    gump

Answer by gump at 6:25 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Store brands are most often manufactured in the same factories with the same materials as name brand. PG tests are like soda...they cost pennies to make and they are sold at 2000% cost.

It sounds to me like either you peed on it TOO MUCH or it was an invalid test. Take another one in the morning. I usually pee in a clean cup and then dip the stick instead of peeing directly on it.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 9:03 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Dollar store tests are just as accurate. I would say you over soaked it, which can cause it to be invalid. Try again and yeah maybe pee in a cup and dip it.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:26 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Just try another one...like most everyone else i agree store brands work just as good as the others
    michellesgirls2

Answer by michellesgirls2 at 9:41 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I dont like dollar store tests it came out negative for me & then I took Clear Blue & got a BFP, you cant over soak the stick either you have to pee on it for 5 seconds, or you can pee in a cup & dip the stick in for 5 seconds then set down. If I were you I'd retest, try Clear Blue =)

VanillaBlondie8

Answer by VanillaBlondie8 at 11:13 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• doller store tests worked for me better then clear blue....and yes you can pee on it too long...i always pee in a clean dry cup and then hold the test strip in it for how ever long it says or buy a doller one it comes with a dropper and you put 4 drops on it
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 12:10 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Read the instructions and that should be able to answer your question. You may need to take another test and typically your suppose to pee only a few seconds on the stick.
    vjoaquin

Answer by vjoaquin at 3:17 AM on Mar. 3, 2011