What the hell is wrong with people?

so i am dropping my daughter off at work today,she's a cashier at grocery store. i pull up to the store drop her off and as i am pulling out of the parking lot there is a lady unloading groceries into her minivan. what is wrong with that you say? well her three to four year old daughter is sitting in the front of the cart facing towards all the traffic that is pulling in and out of the parking lot and dear ole mom has her back towards her daughter. did she not realize the somone could have pulled out not seen the cart and hit it,the little girl could have stood up and fallen out,someone could have snatched her real quick? i thought common sense was you put your child in the car first. guess i was wrong

jodi205

Asked by jodi205 at 6:02 PM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Oh I've seen worse.
    I've seen a picture of a women head deep in the back of her minivan and the infant carseat (equipped with child) is sitting in the lane of traffic beside the car. Just barely over the line if that, but still enough for anyone to drive by and side swipe the carseat. It's like .. If I were going to rummage through the back of my car after already taking my child out of the seat .. Then that child gets put either in front of me as I rummage or sits in the back of the van beside where I'm searching. NEVER would I leave my kid out there for the cars and people to run into them.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 6:13 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• What if you have two small kids, it's cold and there are no spaces by the cart corrals? Then what? I do think she should have kept her closer to her, I load my kids first, then the groceries, the leave the cart where ever. ( and people complain about that too) I guess, it's her kid, so you don't have to worry about her.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 6:21 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• A lot of the time i load my groceries before putting my son in the car.. but i NEVER have my back to him.. and NEVER have him in the way of traffic. That's just stupid... some people just need a bonk on the head.
    kaitilala

Answer by kaitilala at 6:13 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• At least the child is in the CART and not running around the parking lot. Besides, if you put your kid in the car first, then the groceries, what do you do with the cart? If you walk 10 feet away to the cart return someone's gonna bitch about you walking away from your vehicle with a toddler in car.

It's a no-win situation. I, personally don't see much problem with what this mother did, I've had to do the same thing.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 6:14 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• i keep my kids close to me at all times, and yes, that means keeping them in the cart until the groceries are unloaded. i do mind traffic and cart angle though, by turning the cart sideways to where my back is not facing them, and they are not out in the line of traffic. i guess i look like a horrible, neglecting mother when my back is turned and im loading the youngest child into the car first. since i always go by myself, with 3 kids, and im only one person, i can only get one child in the car at a time. my 4 year old gets herself in, but the 2 and 1 year old are incapable of doing that, so one of them has to wait while i get the other in.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 6:28 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• People can just be oblivious.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 6:07 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• i try to park by a cart return if that is not possible i put my child in her seat (dont buckle her yet) load the groceries and then we walk the cart back together. not really rocket science
    jodi205

Comment by jodi205 (original poster) at 6:17 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• i will go through a little inconvenience to keep my kids safe. and it would have been business if something would have happened and the cops would have had to be called and asked for witnesses cuz i would have told them well the dumb bitch wasnt watching her child
    jodi205

Comment by jodi205 (original poster) at 6:25 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Well, in CA a few years back there was a stolen car ring on the loose. THey actually threw a baby out of the car in the carseat while they were driving off. Another child was found dead and dumped off and the vehicle recovered later.

If her cart wasn't in the middle of driveway or the street, I would think you might be a little nit picky. You could find flaw in your logic as well.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 6:33 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• SO back to the car ring, the women were loading up groceries. They saw their chance and took it.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 6:34 PM on Mar. 2, 2011