My sister-in-Law is pregnant because she said she was bored and lonely, what should I do?

My SIL went sleeping around a sleazy town to get pregnant. She said she was bored and Lonely. She is not right in the head, she has been diagnosed with Bi-polar, ADD, ADHD . She either wont tell us who the dad is or she doesnt know. She says she is not telling him anyways. I don't feel this is right and that the baby could be in danger somehow. What should I do? Please Help, Thank you!

mamajojo024

Asked by mamajojo024 at 6:10 PM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Just be there to support her. If you are truly concerned then go with her to a drs appt. Maybe you can pull the dr aside and explain the situation. That way they can evaluate her as needed. GL!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:14 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• No offense, but this has absolutley nothing to do with you. You are free to have an opinion and feelings on the subject, but it's her life, her child, and her business. There isn't anything you should do but leave it alone.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 6:14 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• There isn't anything you can do, but be supportive of her.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 6:15 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• What do you mean by "Do"..... What should you do?? And what danger.... does she drink, use drugs?
    Only thing for you to do is to be there for your sister and get ready to be an aunt. What else can you do??
    ShelbyShareAlot

Answer by ShelbyShareAlot at 6:18 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• You can't really do anything but try to be supportive of her. Make a friend out of her, and try to help her with the baby.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 6:23 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Well its her choice to have a baby and just because you dont agree in the way she chose to get pregnant doesnt mean you have much choice on what to do about it. If she has the baby and is shown to be a bad mom (drug user, prostitute, talking to invisible people, etc) then you can call social services and probably have the child removed and maybe placed into your care. Dont count on it though! My oldest dd has a sil whose trying to get custody of her other sil's kids because they decided to run a crack house and got busted. The kids have been in foster care for a month and the judge isnt releasing the kids to any family member. You see they are young adorable babies! People want babies. They can be put up for adoption.

Answer by gemgem at 6:26 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Well, I'd make sure you and your family stay involved.

Why people think its easy to be a parent is beyond me.
    metalhealthmom

Answer by metalhealthmom at 9:28 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I completely understand what you are going through. My Cousin in law got pregnant 3 years ago when I got pregnant saying "well if you guys can do it, I can." And the worst part was she asked me if she should keep it. I had said yes, which turned out to be an awful choice, she is a neglective mother and if I could do it over I would tell her to give her baby to a loving family. And convince her that, that is the best way to go. As said above, there are families out there that want babies, but not only that, there are families out there that are trying and can't have babies. Let her know that.
    Love138

Answer by Love138 at 9:41 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• There's nothing you can do.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:53 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• There's not much you can do. Support her and if there are mental concerns make an annoymous call to the doctor.
    Anonymous