Did anybody have a boy and it has a fast heartbeat?????

I went to the Dr. today for my 12 week visit and the baby's heartbeat was 164, which is high. My daughter's was 155 at 12 weeks. Just wondering of there is any truth in the heartbeat/gender thing!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:14 PM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• My dds was fast. But I have a friend who;s sons had really fast heartbeats. They assumed that all three BOYS were gonna be girls lol. Luckily they didnt buy girl stuff! Id say its a myth. Everything is 50/50 and never 100% garanteed
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:16 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• It has nothing to do with gender, just how active your baby is at the time of the appointment.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 6:17 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• It's more of an old wives' tale... the heartrate can vary a lot depending on whether the baby is asleep or awake.

I was always told that the way the myth goes, a faster heartrate (above 140) means girl and a slower heartrate (below 140) means boy. However, for me this was iffy at best... my son was always straddling the 135-145 range, which could put him in either group depending on the day. One of my girls did have a consistantly higher heartrate in the 160s, but my other girl had a consistantly low heartrate in the 120s.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 6:24 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Just to add... even when applying this wives' tale, it's meant to be applied later than 12 weeks. Generally heartrates start high and then gradually slow down as the baby grows.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 6:25 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• my sons heartbeat was fast they doctor told me it was a girl since it was fast.....yeah she was wrong
    his88angel

Answer by his88angel at 6:26 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• yes my sons was. so if you are going by the old wives tale it is not always true
    newlife627

Answer by newlife627 at 6:57 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Im 37wks his heartbeat stays at 150-160 so yes.
    sissy0604

Answer by sissy0604 at 7:20 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• My daughter's was always under 140. My sons' were always over 150. So, mine were the exact opposite of the Old Wive's Tale. This baby has been under 150, but is supposidly a boy (by ultrasound).
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 7:50 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• both of my boys had fast heartbeats, i don't have any girls so i wouldn't know
    Jssg1986

Answer by Jssg1986 at 9:18 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I don't think heartbeat indicates gender.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:53 PM on Mar. 2, 2011