How rude!

my best friend was unable to take care of her kids. i have guardianship of them and consider them my children. my husband and i are white. our son is white. her oldest son is white. then her daughter is mixed. we also have custody of her stepson who is black because his father left and his mother is in another state and wouldn't come back to get him. her stepson is the oldest. we all went out the other day and when i introduced the kids (they were very polite) the woman said "oh are all of them yours?: and when i said 'yes' she had the nerve to ask which ones! I told her to guess.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:19 PM on Mar. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• If you said yes to all of them being yours, why would she ask which ones?
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 6:21 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Agree with the above poster...
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 6:22 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I love your answer!! lol And thats how you should handle it always! You will always encounter ppl like that and you need to do what youre doing and let it roll off your back. Keep your head up and ignore their ignorance. It was prob an honest ? on the womans part but it doesnt mean that you need to explain yourself.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:22 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• well if you told her all of them were yours why would the dumb bitch say which ones? when she said that i would have said didnt i just say all of them
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 6:22 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I guess she asked because one of them is black and my husband and i are white. It really embarrassed our oldest.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:23 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I would have looked her dead in the eye and asked back "why would you ask me that?"
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 6:25 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• That is awful! When I have foster children I try as hard as I possibly can to give the child a sense of a family, and all it takes is that ONE comment to really mess with a child's mind. I am glad that you put her on the spot for it. It might open her eyes!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 6:26 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Some people are brainless sometimes.

Answer by louise2 at 6:27 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• count your blessings! I read a advice letter the other day where a woman has children of all kinds of races and nationalities that are adopted. She said she gets nasty looks all the time and was told at one point to get her tubes tied and stop sleeping around!
    I see what you mean though. A friend of mine is raising 4 children. Her first child is biologically hers, but the next one is her niece and the last 2 are adopted.
    For years my looney toon mother would call me and tell me what a slut my friend had become since she suddenly had all those kids with her.
    I asked her how a woman manages to give birth to kids that are 4 and older, but she didn't have a reason for that. She was just so sure that my friend had suddenly become pregnant right and left.
    Found out what the real story was when I went back to my hometown for my reunion.

who can explain what goes on in some people's heads?
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 6:32 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Wow- I would never ask someone that! And why on earth would she ask after you said all of them were yours?
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 6:44 PM on Mar. 2, 2011