How do you get a poop stain out of the carpet?

I am working on potty training my son but he got diahrreah today. He pooped on the floor and now its stained. I tried some oxy clean but its still there. I dunno if I did it wrong. I just mixed it in the glass and poured it over the stain and tried scrubbing it. My baby was screaming and I was alone so I was doing it as fast as I could.

mrssmitley1210

Asked by mrssmitley1210 at 6:20 PM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Make a paste out of salt, vinegar and borax. Apply the paste before bed and vacuum it up in the morning.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:24 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• LMAO- you posted this in HEALTH?
    took me a bit by surprise.
    is the health angle because you're concerned that he pooped? I'm pretty sure we all do that!

have you tried shout stain remover? that might work

Anonymous

• What is borax? Is it safe for kids. He did it in his bedroom.
    mrssmitley1210

Comment by mrssmitley1210 (original poster) at 6:26 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I didnt know where else to put it. They dont have a cleaning section. I am also worried about what I put on the floor because its in my sons bedroom. I dont want to be putting something down that could effect him.
    mrssmitley1210

Comment by mrssmitley1210 (original poster) at 6:27 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Use Tide. My grandson had the same problem. My dd put a very small amount of tide and water on her carpet and the stain came out.

Answer by gemgem at 6:35 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Get an old white bath towel, or buy a cheap white bath towel(it must be white in order to not spread dye) and wet the towel, place the towel over the stain and steam iron over the towel. It should lift the stain and transfer to the towel.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 7:44 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I bought this stuff called Kids n Pets and it comes in a big bottle in the cleaner isle at the grocery store or a target/walmart. I have used it for every stain and it has done wonders!!!
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 7:45 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• um bissell pro-heat carpet cleaner with concentrated pet odor solution.... even though it isnt a pet... it is still poop!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:52 AM on Mar. 3, 2011