Organic or not?

For those of you who eat organic, why do you? How much do you spend on organic groceries?

walkintherain

Asked by walkintherain at 6:26 PM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Food & Drink

• We stick with as many organic fruits, veggies, and meats as possible - it's much easier in the summer when I can grow my own (free, minus the very low cost of seeds) or go to the organic farmers market (cheap compared to the grocery store). For meat, we go directly to the farmer - specifically friends who raise animals organically. I spend less on meat than if I'd buy non-organic meat at any store. Other than that I don't worry about organics too much.
    Anonymous

• I buy organic all the way. Dairy, meat, fruits, veggies and carbs. I also buy recycled, chlorine free paper products, tampons and pads. I bring my own bags to the grocery store. I use organic make-up & hairproducts, as well as buy natural medicine. I use coupons & buy on sale items. I do not buy junk food. I buy organic treats on occasion when they are on sale. We eat healthier & feel better. I am all about keeping our home environment as safe as possible.
    sarchasmicangel

Answer by sarchasmicangel at 11:24 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• There are three of us, plus frequent extra teens. We buy about 80% organic, and spend around $80 a week for groceries and sundries.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:05 AM on Mar. 3, 2011