For stay-at-home moms in their early 20s...

Do you feel psychotic staying home all the time? I'm 23 and I have a 7 month old and I am home with him everyday and by about 3pm I have 0 patience and I'm bored out of my mind. How are you handling it and what do you do with yourself during the day? I'm taking 2 classes at a university but outside of that, I wake up everyday wondering what I will do all day.

walkintherain

Asked by walkintherain at 6:28 PM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Go to the park and walk around you might meet a young mom with a baby around the same age as your little person. GL
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 6:30 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Ditto.
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 6:30 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I am 22 with a two year old. When he was first born i would just sit and hold him and watch tv, or pray someone would come and visit. I find myself bored a lot since he can do a lot of things without me. When i feel like im going crazy i go outside and breath in some fresh air or eat some chocolate. It seems to help or atleast i tell myself it helps
    his88angel

Answer by his88angel at 6:31 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I get lonely but there is always something to be done around the house or something new to teach my child or work on. I also like to read and take naps when my son does. I've been working on my cooking and meal planning for the shopping trips. Find a routine that works for you.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 6:31 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I know how you feel! I am 21 with a 1 year old.
    PhoenixsMommy10

Answer by PhoenixsMommy10 at 6:31 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• im 24 and stay at home with my 4, 2 and 1 year old. i have a pretty high patience level when it comes to them, and im never really bored because there is always something to do. honestly, enjoy the time that he is this young and easy! there will come a time that you have to chase him all day and he will talk back to you. atleast now you can put him in a playpen, swing or other source of entertainment while you get stuff done around the house. if you haven't already, take him to story time at your local library, they usually meet up twice a week. take him for walks around the neighborhood. this will kill some of the day =) have fun!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 6:32 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Do you have any hobbies you can do while the baby naps? Sewing, reading, scrapbooking, etc. It won't be long before you can go to the story hour at the library and things like that too.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:34 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I know that it is really boring and you get lonely and stuff, but appreciate the time with your baby. Teach them things and play. Make the most out of it. I went thru this too so I know how you feel but now I don't have my son and would give anything in the world to get to spend a whole day with him.
    kayaiden8907

Answer by kayaiden8907 at 6:34 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I've been doing some spring cleaning this week, but I know how you feel. If my son didn't happen to take his nap 2 hour nap just after lunch everyday, I would pull my hair. It gives me enough time to destress myself.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 6:36 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I am 21 and I have a 6 month old. Personally I love every minute of it and I never get out of the house. I do not have a car. I am sorry to hear about your situation and I hope you feel better soon. GL! :)
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 6:36 PM on Mar. 2, 2011