Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

In pain need help

ok im not pregnat got tubes tied now here is the problem sence september of last yr i started getting low back pains and now 6 months later its worse. i cant hardley move and my left leg gets tingly and goes num whats wrong with me im worried

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 6:40 PM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Health

Answers (7)
  • Schedule a dr appt


    Answer by virginiamama71 at 6:42 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

  • Go to the doctor and tell them. I had to have back surgery in my lower back 2 yrs ago. The doctors tried several different things before doing surgery so my nerve got more damaged over time. I still have lower back pain and my left leg is always numb and tingling.

    Answer by kayaiden8907 at 6:44 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

  • I had weird pain after I got my tubal too!Lost most of the feeling in my left hand, and there never was a answer.
    I'd say get a hold of doctor, but I hate to tell you that they will probably tell you there is no connection. I had a tubal ligation done and it was the worst move I ever made. I've had so many problems in so many ways since then!

    wish I would offer more encouragement. See if you can find someone that can treat tubal ligation syndrome.

    Answer by ItsMe89 at 6:44 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

  • Sounds like you have a pinched nerve in your lower back (siatica). If you have a herneated disc, that would cause it also. Can you remember hurting yourself that long ago? And, you didn't have to do anything too strenuous. Just lifting something wrong could have done it. I would vote for a visit to the chiropractor.

    Answer by Kimimale at 6:47 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

  • Things you can do to ease the pain until you can see a doctor are take hot baths ( you can put epsom salts in it and they will help), take ibuprophen, and you can get warming or cooling patches from the store and put it on your lower back. Don't stand or lift for long periods of time. Walking will help a lot also. And you can put a pillow btwn your legs while you sleep.

    Answer by kayaiden8907 at 6:48 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

  • do what dr, says , ask for different tests be done

    Answer by letstalk747 at 8:00 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

  • Given your past medical history I strongly suggest your contact your obstetrician about this pain. It could be related. If not you are closer to finding out what is going on. Good luck.

    Answer by Bennett121 at 12:16 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.