Laundry stains

Im married to an Industrial Mechanic... whose company for some reason thought giving supervisors who work with greese and the like should wear tan pants.... UGH any ideas for grease removal I swear I have tried almost every commerical stain remover, dawn, and some orange cleaner not meant for clothing and yet there are the stains laughing at me.... Anyone?? HELP??

Jessesmomma2009

Asked by Jessesmomma2009 at 6:47 PM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Have you tried GOOP or Spot Shot (For carpets)? One trick is it has to sit and work on the stain for a day or two.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 6:53 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• My mom always used this stuff called M-30, I think. My dad also used it to wash his hands after working with engines. It works great on grease.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 6:54 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• My husband occasionally works on the cars and other things. I have found that Simple Green works great on grease stains. Follow the directions and wet the fabric first, then use it full strength and let it sit before washing. If it doesn't come out the first time, try again. It WILL come out with Simple Green. Just might take a few washings. Plus, Simple Green won't take the color out of the fabric! I LOVE Simple Green!
    Blakesmommy0907

Answer by Blakesmommy0907 at 7:00 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Gojo hand cleaner is the best for getting grease out of clothing. It comes in a tub and is cheap because it's not made for laundry. I smear a little on the grease stain before washing and it usually comes out the first wash. It's water based so it won't hurt your other clothes either.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:59 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• my ex hubby worked with fiber glass and resin and to get the stains out we used baking soda paste (mix the powder with a little water0 and then a 1/2 cup vinegar...this for some reason worked
    LadyOsgood

Answer by LadyOsgood at 9:17 PM on Mar. 4, 2011