Army soldier who illegally downloaded files and gave to WikiLeaks faces new charges, possible death penalty? Thoughts?

WASHINGTON — Following an intensive seven-month investigation, the Army on Wednesday filed 22 additional charges against Pfc. Bradley Manning, accused of illegally downloading tens of thousands of classified U.S. military and State Department documents that were then publicly released by WikiLeaks, military officials tell NBC News.
The most serious of the new charges is "aiding the enemy," a capital offense which carries a potential death sentence.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41876046/ns/us_news-security/#

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:15 PM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• treason...is not good by any means
    justalady774

Answer by justalady774 at 7:21 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• That's what happens. He knew what hewas doing.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 7:23 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I don't have a lot of sympathy for this person.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:46 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• This is exactly how it feels to me.....that he committed treason. He gave up to much to someone with less than honorable intentions. What was this young man promised to cause him to risk all of this and release information he had promised to protect?
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:50 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• There's a reason Treason can result in the death penalty - it is considered a most horrendous crime committed against this country.
    ShelbyShareAlot

Answer by ShelbyShareAlot at 7:55 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I wish the judges of his military tribunal peace with whatever they decide. That's pretty much my only thought.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 7:57 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• If he is proven guilty, then kill him. His treasonous acts may have already killed others in the field.
    annabarred

Answer by annabarred at 7:57 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Treason is a very serious offense. If he is guilty and his actions cost the lives of innocent soldiers and compromised the success of missions, he is an utter disgrace and hazard to our nation. What else can be done with him? If he is guilty, he is our enemy, bent on harming us.

I second Quinn -- I wish the judges peace with whatever they decide. I will trust their decision.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 8:12 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Agree with pp. What he did was treasonous and deserves the punishment as written. He knew what he was doing and he didn't care.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 8:19 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Treason should result in justice...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 9:35 PM on Mar. 2, 2011