Vacation Ideas

Well My husband wants to go on a vacation. It will be the first plane trip for our youngest daughter. We live in Aruba. Well we have been doing this thing that each person in the family picks a place for vacation( tell me if that's a good idea!) I don't know. But so far we can't really do that because our 3 year old knows almost nothing about the worlds countries. So we have ben doing this for 1 year now, and we love to travel so in December I was the 1 st to pick a place and I picked Puerto Rico. In March my husband chose California, and now we don't know if our oldest should choose a destination by herself or if we should give her choices and teach her about each place! Well the choices are either Australia, Europe, or Florida. So in short can someone tell me what Florida is like. Preferably Disney World. And if some of you have been to Europe please give me some info! Oh and no info on U.K., Spain, France, or Italy...

alishak

Asked by alishak at 8:26 PM on Jul. 8, 2008 in Travel

• Europe is beautiful but it is something I recomend of older kids. I believe Florida is your best bet here. I live in Miami I go to Orlando way too much ofcourse because of the kids....they love it no matter how many times they have been there. They will love Disney, it is really a magical world for children and adults too, you wont be bored. There are also water parks that is great too.
    DiscoLemonade

Answer by DiscoLemonade at 8:32 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• I recommend Florida! The Orlando area has lots of stuff--a lot more than just Disney World. You can always give your daughter a couple choices, and then let her choose, but if you have a preference, you can always frame the question in a way that will lead her to choose the one you want! :-)
    christinaliu

Answer by christinaliu at 8:47 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• I lived in central Florida, recently. Rudest people in the world live there. Disney is SOOOOO much $$$$$$$$$$ from the hotel/motel to ticket prices and rental cars, not to mention the gas there is like $4.19 a gal. The crime in the area is very bad and getting worse every month.( check the web news for the area) They seem to like to prey on tourists. so if you go STAY around the resorts and Watch yourself. Yes lots of parks at $70. a pop or more per person PER day. Also there are not a LOT of rides for 3 year old. Yes they have kiddie parks insde the parks for small ones. July Aug Sep and Oct are some of the HOTTEST months to be in central Fl. I'de go to Australia.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:16 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• for a kid, i'd choose florida... disney is a great great place.. fun for EVERYONE
    mfialdrdickhaus

Answer by mfialdrdickhaus at 10:32 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• Disney is not any fun in the summer - it is absolutely awful. If you do choose Florida, go to Universal, stay in a Universal Hotel and see all the Nickelodeon characters without waiting in line. then drive to Daytona Beach and stay at the Hilton at Ocean Walk. Make time to drive south to the Ponce de Leon Lighthouse. You will love your time here :)
    cavalleymom

Answer by cavalleymom at 10:36 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• go to tahiti, black sand, perfect vacation!!!!
    brownsugar342

Answer by brownsugar342 at 11:59 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• omg we stayed 2 weeks in fla.if your looking for HOT HOT HOT then go & also if you want sand in every crevis of your body THEN GO :) nah really fla. is BEAUTIFUL & disney word is awesome take lots of cash! have fun ~ check out KEY LARGO!! OH & STAY AWAY FROM ALLIGATOR ALLY NOTHING THERE!!!! YOU HAVE TO GO TO THE BOARDWALK IN DAYTONA @ NITE ~ BUT BE CAREFUL!!!!! DON'T SET ANYTHING DOWN IF YOU WANT TO KEEP IT.
    tntornado45

Answer by tntornado45 at 4:06 PM on Jul. 10, 2008