Jail time? Third degree theft?

Okay so my nephew's mother (don't get me started) is not with my brother anymore, they are currently working on visitation but she keeps on stealing AND getting caught! She has not spent any jail time at all, some how she keeps getting off on these charges! This is her THIRD one in the last 18 months. She is not stealing things like diapers or formula, we are talking 640. some odd dollars from JC Penny's one time, she stole my brother's identity and now this time, we don't know the dollar amount or from where....does anyone else have any idea any expertise on this? Is this something that no one ever gets jail time for? I can't imagine how she can get away with this stuff....ugh...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:35 PM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• I would say it is just a matter of time before she meets the right judge. She is building a record for herself that is going to work against her soon.
    sondaughter312

Answer by sondaughter312 at 8:30 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• you would think eventually her luck will run out....did your brother press charges?
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 7:46 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I don't understand how she got away with identify theft, hopefully they'll give her what she deserves this time though. It seems odd though that she got away with all of that, and the other day some lady in my area got prosecuted and charged on her first account for stealing a $6 pregnanacy test. ugh the world today!!
    shoot4thestars

Answer by shoot4thestars at 7:58 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• With my brother, she called the cops on him several times for domestic abuse (all those charges were dropped) but since she asked for and received a protective order against him, she still has all of his things. The way that she stole his identity is by trying to set up credit cards in his name for her use. They have her IP address and my brother's credit reports but they apparently don't consider that concrete enough evidence. I just feel sorry for my one year old nephew. With the JC Penny's theft they had her on CAMERA and she got a deferred judgment, so maybe it will just be a wait and see game, she doesn't have court until the 8th, so we will see. I think I can reason if a mom was stealing diapers or formula or wipes even though it's against the law, I can understand that but she is not stealing those things...it's just stupid!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:34 PM on Mar. 2, 2011