Almost 41 weeks pregnant

I really don't know what to do? i always thought that second time should go faster and i will have her around my due date or maybe a week later.
I am almost 41 weeks pregnant and no baby yet.
The thing is that my body has been ready for few weeks and i am having all the symptoms of early labour: like pooping a lot,nausea almost every day,i am 3cm and 75% effaced and the baby is very low,lost my mucus plug,having really bad contractions and back pain and i can barely walk,because it hurts down there.
I just don't understand why my contractions are not progressing,they are getting stronger,but not close enough to go to the hospital? I can hardly sleep now,it's impossible to turn on the other side.
I am so ready to meet my little miracle,but i don't want to carry her 43 weeks and i don't want to be induced either.
What should i do? I am getting closer to have her or what does it look like?
what was your experience?

crouse3

Asked by crouse3 at 7:53 PM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I was induced both times, SO easy! No guess work, epidural on time, it really is easy and not particularly painful. I would call the doc and tell them you are miserable and 41 weeks is enough. Good Luck!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 8:00 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• try taking a bath for a little bit if you can that might relieve enough pressure to kick things into high gear for ya
    macks_mommy

Answer by macks_mommy at 8:03 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• My dr. told me that sex works.
    Anonymous

• Due dates aren't exact, they are close estimates giving or taking two weeks. You may be just 40 weeks or 39 you never know, and there is no way of proving it. I really do feel for you! The last days are the hardest part! They are just miserable. I promise, you will see an end to this VERY soon! Keep telling yourself that!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:03 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I went 43 weeks on my second one. I finally ran out of gas and had to walk a couple of miles to get home. That got her ready to come out. She was born the next day

Answer by admckenzie at 9:05 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• both of my boys were induced at 42 weeks, my second i though the same thing, i thought he would come on his own but no, so i don't know. hope your little one comes quick so you can be out of that pain your in
    Jssg1986

Answer by Jssg1986 at 9:17 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Walking can speed things up. SEX can and its fun this last few days are when you can have careless sex without having to worry about aunt flo or getting prego again. I was like a rabbit I know TMI. But now my LO is 2 months old and i cant have that careless sex anymore I have to be careful so enjoy that.  warm calming baths help and it also helps take the edge off. Even some lounges or squats can help get . I know what its like to be there and be ready to pop I went to 42 and 3 days and man did I go crazy. It was my first baby then and every time I tooted I thought I was in labor now 3 kids later it got alot easier, but I did end up having a c-section they tried to induced but it didn't work for me I made it to a 3 and then stayed there forever. But You can do this momma your LO will be here before you know it

piorkowski

Answer by piorkowski at 9:45 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• If you don't want to be induced, then you'll just have to wait.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:51 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Normal human gestation is anywhere from 38-42 weeks. If your body was ready, or more importantly if your BABY was ready, you'd go in to labor. I know it sucks. My son was born at 41 weeks and a day. I ended up with a healthy baby, though. Don't forget, dates can be off and one of the leading causes of premature birth in this country is induction.  I'd rather wait a few extra weeks than end up causing my baby to have a NICU stay.

PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 10:30 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Go in to OB chances are your doctor will keep you and break your water. I wasn't over due with my second but I started feeling the way you are and my doctor said he would come in and break my water, baby was far enough along and mommy was uncomfortable. I love my dr.

You could at least try. Good luck!!!
    ChristyW3

Answer by ChristyW3 at 10:32 PM on Mar. 2, 2011