OT... ok im at a loss..

i have mentioned before that my MIL is a B****... she is so nice to me to my face but then turns everything i say into something bad behind my back.. she is constantly nagging me to her other children..(the only reason i find out is because her kids tell me) anyways.. me and my SO's parent got into an arguement yesterday because my dad and my SO's dad arent "friends" well i dont see how that has anything to do with me and SO's relationship at all... (my dad is going through a divorce and doesnt want anymore drama and all my SO's parents do is start drama so therefore, my dad does not want to be friends with this guy) well today his dad came over to my house and told my boyfriend he needed help with something, so they left i asked where they were going and they wouldnt tell me. well my dad just called me and said they (my SO's dad) were over at his house talking bad about ME!! ughh.. are you serious!!! right now i am so mad because they were sneaky about the whole situation.. first of all, do u think my dad wants to hear someone talk bad about his daughter, second of all they lied to me.... I AM MAD... would you be a little heated about this situation.. oh and to put the icing on the cake, i am preggo and my MIL has been saying the whole time that this baby aint my SO's and that he should leave me.. she is driving me crazy.. like i have been so depressed lately and all i do is cry.. it is like impossible for her to be nice to me.. what am i supposed to do? stay and put up with it or leave for a while? i love my SO but he aint standing up for me... sorry so long, i just need some help.. :(

1sttimemom2011

Asked by 1sttimemom2011 at 8:24 PM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• If he isn't standing up for you, then I would leave.

Have a long talk explaining how you feel and ask him what he plans to do about his family. If he says nothing, I would tell him that you will not be the woman that sits around while he does nothing. I would pack and leave.
    I wouldn't want to live the rest of my life like this. After all, if his MIL is saying these things about your unborn child, what will she say or do when the baby is born?
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:27 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Im sorry you are going through this. It sounds like your so is more concerned about his families well being instead of yours. Hes probably a little immature because a well adjusted mature guy would say hey youre hurting my childs mother. YOu need to sit down and have a serious talk about how upset this makes you to your so if he wont listen then atleast you know what you will be dealing with for the next 18 years.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 8:28 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• It sounds to me like your SO has a hard time standing up for what he believes in.... I think that he needs to put his family in check, and let them know that you are who he chooses to be with, and they can either like it, or not. And if they choose not to accept you, then his time and communication with them will be limited. Also, it drives me nuts when family seems to think they know who's baby it is when the baby isnt here yet...even so, to go and start such a rumor is just ludicris. They need to get hobbies.... Pregnancy puts a lot of stress on us and to think that people would cause all this un-needed drama just makes me mad. If I were you, I would ask him why he and his dad felt the need to go over and talk to your dad, ABOUT YOU. And maybe he didn't know that was the motive of the visit, but still, when it turned to that, he needed to stick up for you and say it's time to go. Good luck....
    katieandchris01

Answer by katieandchris01 at 8:30 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• That's a tough situation, sorry. Here is a bump.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 8:55 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• If he's talking bad about you, he is disloyal. I'd leave, you deserve someone loyal to you.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 2:02 PM on Mar. 6, 2011