What is wrong with people????? I can't read or see anything else about parents abusing, torturing or murdering their children in horrific ways.

Is it mental illness? What drives a person to kill a child....especially an infant????? It makes me want to take my little angel and go live on a deserted island because I trust no one!!!

siren77

Asked by siren77 at 8:26 PM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Its so heartbreaking to hear about these stories.

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 8:33 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I know.....it just want to hold and kiss my LO non-stop every time I read one and pray she NEVER runs across anyone to do her harm in any way.
    siren77

Comment by siren77 (original poster) at 8:35 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• It is very sad, and terrible. I honestly believe that its a serious mental disorder. i refuse to believe that anyone can be that cruel while being completely sane.
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 8:36 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I tend to avoid those posts and articles. I know it goes on, it makes me angry and sad, and there is nothing I can do about it. I fave a very visual mind so I need to avoid those types of things. It doesn't mean I don't care. I quit trying to understand a long time ago. It leaves me more frustrated and sad.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:38 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Musicmom80.....I hear ya. I need to stay away from them too. There are just some things that I can go my whole life without knowing because it really stays with me.
    siren77

Comment by siren77 (original poster) at 8:40 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I will never understand how someone can hurt their child. I had my son when I was young, things were rough financially and I was depressed-but at no point during any of that did I think "I need to get rid of him!" In fact, even when things were terrible he was the only things that made things WORTH going through it!
    metalhealthmom

Answer by metalhealthmom at 8:42 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I feel the same way.....when I am upset I just hug her....she makes me happy :)
    siren77

Comment by siren77 (original poster) at 8:48 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• it is crazy i know i cannot see why people can just kill something so innocent and sweet.
    MKlein

Answer by MKlein at 12:44 AM on Mar. 3, 2011