Baby farts

My baby farts like a sailor. You can hear her a mile away. Could it be the food? She eats Gerber baby oatmeal and rice...

AlyssaM0mmy

Asked by AlyssaM0mmy at 9:01 PM on Mar. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• *LMAO* No, probably not. They do that. As my obstetrician said about the baby of another patient, "I had no idea that babies farted like old men!" I told her I didn't know that till I had one, either!
    blu_canary

Answer by blu_canary at 9:04 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• well, amend my previous response...yes, it is the food, no there is probably nothing wrong. :) You get used to it.
    blu_canary

Answer by blu_canary at 9:05 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• My first did that all the time, from birth. He farted instead of burping many times, lol. Whichever way it comes out, it's better out than in. ;)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:07 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Hahaha!!
    Both of my kids are farters. I find it pretty funny that my 18 month old DD farts more often and way louder and laughs harder about it than my 4 year old DS does.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 9:07 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• My daughter has always done that, even before we started the solid foods.
    Froggy31785

Answer by Froggy31785 at 4:13 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• It is funny until you are hlding her in a room full of people and she lets out a big one. Then, everyone turns and look at you, Of course the baby didn't do it. She's too cute.
    AlyssaM0mmy

Comment by AlyssaM0mmy (original poster) at 5:36 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• LOL My DS has farted since the day he was born and we've always found it cute and funny. I guess it's only natural to let the gas out SOME way! Now, he lets out farts that are just as loud and as foul as Daddy's LOL
    lac925

Answer by lac925 at 6:33 PM on Mar. 7, 2011