Breaking the cosleeping

Okay it's time for my 15 month old to start sleeping in his crib. This was soo sooo sooooooooo easy with my older two. They didn't care where they slept as long as they got to sleep, this one is the polar opposite of those two in every way. What's a good method to get him to sleep in his crib, while at the same time getting at least a little sleep myself?

mhaney03

Asked by mhaney03 at 9:24 PM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It's going to take some time and lots of patience, but here is what works for me. ( I work in an infant room at a childcare center) Put the child in the crib and put on some background music, give them their favorite blanket etc. Here comes the hard part. You're gonna have to walk away from him and let him settle himself down. Go back every 2 to 3 minutes, lay him down, tell him it's time to go to asleep. Walk away again. It may not work the first couple of days, just be consistent and they will learn to sleep in their own beds. Good luck. Hope everything works out well.
    Amilly2

Answer by Amilly2 at 9:46 PM on Mar. 2, 2011