I want a baby girl...

what tips do you have to give and WORKED FOR YOU when trting to conceive a girl?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:42 PM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• There's no proven method. You get what you get basically. Many doctors have clarified that sex positions don't sway it one way or the other.
    sdms

Answer by sdms at 11:47 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• u get wat u get...they teach that in kindergarten. srry dude!
    Anonymous

• I have read in fertility books that if you have sex 2 days prior of ovulation.....that means no more sex until after ovulation is done that it may raise your chances of a girl. This is due to "male sperm" don't live as long and most of them would die off in the 48hrs prior to ovulations...hince leaving more "female" sperm to fertilize the egg. This method may also take a lot longer to pregnant and still NOT 100% to be a girl. As stated u get what u get, but this may sway more toward a girl if you are patient enough. You will also need to know your cycle in and out to be able to time it right.
    BBBBN

Answer by BBBBN at 12:58 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Consult a Chinese calendar.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:21 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• The Chinese calendar is 100% wrong for me, with two so far. So I wouldn't trust that too much. I've heard about the sperm selection thing, with female sperm living longer so have sex earlier before ovulation, but I wouldn't stress about it too much. Even the gender selection process doctors can do (costs a lot of money, and I'm pretty sure they won't do it unless you have a valid reason for wanting one sex over the other) isn't 100%, I think it only gets up to 60 or 70%. So there's really not much you can do except try old wives' tales and maybe get lucky.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:23 AM on Nov. 21, 2008