When i should do the L&D tour

Im 29 weeks and was wondering when i should do the L&D tour?

ryanlynn

Asked by ryanlynn at 11:45 PM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• To be honest I never did the tour I just the labor plan with the doctor I figured it didnt really matter where they kept the equipment as long as the doctor knew how to use it!
    Justgottaloveem

Answer by Justgottaloveem at 11:49 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I should add that im having a c section..So the hospital will be my home for 3 days lol. I want to go because i can ask what the Hospital offers(diapers,Formula).What i need to being and what not to bring. I dont want to under pack or over pack

ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 12:05 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Bring**

ryanlynn

• I'd try to go soon, just in case you end up being there sooner than you think. Also, the sooner you do it, the fewer things you'll have to wonder about!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 12:25 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I took a tour at 19 weeks it's not a huge l&d we just saw the rooms the or and met the nurses it was quick fun . . . just show up and ask if there are tours and they will usually give you a quick tour
    ah2590

Answer by ah2590 at 12:28 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• My doctor told me to take it after I hit the seventh month mark.
    Zoeybug

Answer by Zoeybug at 1:11 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I liked taking the tour, I knew I would have enough going on - I wanted my husband and I to know the area I would check in at, where they move moms to.. etc. Plus I wanted to make sure they let the baby stay in the room, and had a few other questions - like arrangements for Dad if he wants to stay the night. I would think you could take the tour anytime now.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 2:01 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Meh I'm 35 weeks and I might just do it next Tuesday, when I'm 36 weeks. I'm pretty much guaranteed to go to at least 38-39 weeks, so I guess you could do it whenever you feel comfortable. If you've had a normal complication-free pregnancy like me, maybe you could wait a little bit longer than most people. But if you've had any issues or you don't like walking around for too long, maybe you should do it in the next few weeks =D
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:39 AM on Nov. 21, 2008