Did anyone get married at their local courthouse?

Me and my DF have decided to go to the courthouse and get married. What was your personal experience with it? Did you have a reception afterwards, what did you wear? Etc.

Amilly2

Asked by Amilly2 at 9:51 PM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• nope.... got one better. Little white chapel in Vegas.... where Brittney Spears got married. Not for that reason though....
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 9:54 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I did but didn't have a reception. I didn't want to waste the money. We just had family and friends take us to dinner.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:58 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• My DH and I did. The original plans were to wait until he got out of school, but his grandfather got sick, and he wanted to get married before he passed. The courthouse was the quickest and cheapest way. We plan on renewing our vows in a few years, and have a big ceremony then. Oh, I wore a pencil skirt and a nice blouse, DH wore his everyday street clothes.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 9:58 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• LOL...first marriage had the whole works... marriage didn't work so now that I found my knight and shining armour it's our second marriage for both...only this time instead of spending all that money on a wedding we spent it on our honeymoon plus whatever we got as gifts...lol I think we should had done that the first marriage with the money sometimes it's not always worth it until you know for sure.
    Yes we went to the courthouse no witneses...and we wore jeans (semi-formal) we looked GOOOD!
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:07 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I did It was simple and cheap. Besides The place didnt matter to us, just that we were together. We will have ceremony when we renew our vows. And we were both in street clothes as well. One sad part is that it was just us so we have no pictures and wont until the ceremony.
    piorkowski

Answer by piorkowski at 10:09 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• we got married at a local court house. I wore a simple green sun dress, he wore a suit. Only our immediate families were there. we had the big reception a week later.. even that I only wore a $300 white dress I found in a little boutique. .did I say I was cheap? I do it all over again. and save the down payment for the house.
    Olivia4116

Answer by Olivia4116 at 10:17 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• We did back in 1971. I wore a regular dress and had no reception but we did go on a 5 day honeymoon to Niagara Falls
    Carolannie

Answer by Carolannie at 10:19 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I got married at the judge's office :)
    HKing01

Answer by HKing01 at 11:33 AM on Mar. 3, 2011