Unwed mothers have difficulty finding 'good' husbands What can be done?

Many children born under such condtions repeat this pattern. What can be done?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 10:01 PM on Mar. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• They should get married to the one who is the father of the child....
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 10:02 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Its the way things happen, nothing you can do about it.
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 10:02 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Wow. Welcome to life. Where ya been?
    Anonymous

• Being a single mom isn't necessarily a bad thing.

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 10:07 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• From a sociological perspective, the way to avoid the pattern and perpetuation of it, is to instil the virtue of marriage before sex, and certainly marriage before planning parenthood. Too often nowadays, couples willingly and knowingly have babies without being prepared to commit to each other, and that is no way to bring kids into the world. They need a commited couple to raise them, before being concieved.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 10:07 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• AnuMeha, I'm not trying to be rude but you have to live it to understand. If my mom would have married my father I would have been a drug addicted mother of five before I was 20. It is best to develop a good relationship before the child is born but sometimes things just happen and most of the time it's for the best.
    iluvmm09

Answer by iluvmm09 at 10:36 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I am not married and I had two kids my parents showed me marriage was not always the best sollution.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:28 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Are you for real? Like, seriously? There is nothing wrong with being a single mom or being an unwed mother at ALL. All that matters is love. Whether the child gets that from a man/woman couple, a single mom, a single dad, a gay couple, a lesbian couple, adopted, WHATEVER. All that matters is LOVE. LOVE is the answer and it can solve anything.
    CalebsMommy0220

Answer by CalebsMommy0220 at 12:15 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• we women should get to know a man extensively before spreading our legs and getting pregnant. i know sometimes we take our time and get to know the men and things still don't work out but i think that would cut down on the amount of unwed mom's out there.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 4:01 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I am unwed mother. I have been with the father of my baby for 6.5 years. We both love each other and our daughter very much. There is nothing wrong with being an unwed mother.
    Froggy31785

Answer by Froggy31785 at 4:08 AM on Mar. 3, 2011