Caught in my underwear drawer

caught my Step son and his buddy (both are 16 yo) going through my underwear drawe I saw them walking out of me and my husbands bedroom, I went in and saw that my bra was caught in the drawer when I opened it, it was clear that they had gone through all of my bras and panties. What do I do??

kalani5o

Asked by kalani5o at 10:05 PM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• Ask him what he wanted. Embarass the crap out of him.
    Anonymous

• Set some clear boundries.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 10:09 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• LOL. Sixteen year old boys: what ya gonna do? I'd leave it go. They are by nature totally preoccupied by sex and sexual things. They'll grow out of it one day (ha, when they're 80!)
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 10:09 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I'd confront him and tell his father.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 10:10 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Both are 16 ysr old; certainly a curious phase; talk to them and let them know that you know about it; take your son in your confidence and clear his doubts. It's better he gets the information from you or from the person he trusts rather than getting all the wrong information wrong from outside....
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 10:13 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• When a similiar thing happened at my house I waited until the other boy had left. I walked into my sons room and I looked at him and said. "Respect and trust are only present when they are returned. I do not go through your personal things. Don not go through mine" and I walked out. He was too stunned to say more. I would make his Dad aware of the exchange..but let him know you've handled it unless there is further incident.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:16 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• If it really distresses you, tell him to stay out of your stuff, but I wouldn't confront him specifically over that incident because that will likely embarrass him and do some major damage to your relationship with him. He should be able to come to you with problems and insecurities. At this age, it is vital (especially since he's your Step-son) to keep things between you comfortable; respecting his privacy even as he invades yours, is one of those times as a parent you should bite your tongue, IMO.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 10:16 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Just say "I saw that you were looking through my drawer. If you want something out of my room I would prefer that you ask me first, please. What were you looking for in my underwear drawer, Im sure I know where it is and could help you find it." (Dont laugh)
    Also tell your husband and let him decide if he thinks they should be punished for invading your privacy, it might really bother him.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 1:17 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• i'd ask
    Dani3lla

Answer by Dani3lla at 11:44 AM on Mar. 4, 2011