How often do married couples renew their vows?

My dh and I will be married 12 yrs. but known each other for 15 yrs.
Thanks Ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:15 PM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• It depends on the couple. Some renew at 5 or 10 years. Others wait until 20 years. Some do it after coming out of or during a rough patch and others don't do it at all.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:17 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• as often as you want. I think many pick certain anniversaries like 15 or 20 or so on, but Dh and I renewed at 8 years in las vegas. we were there, we wanted to do it and 8 is my lucky number :)
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 10:18 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I think 10 years would be nice.
    haydsmom2007

Answer by haydsmom2007 at 10:24 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Although that's not something I would do, personally.
    haydsmom2007

Answer by haydsmom2007 at 10:25 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• ya it depends. I would do it every 10 yrs
    masonbunch

Answer by masonbunch at 10:41 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Some do it every year. Others, like my Dad (parents have been married almost 46 years), say "Why should we renew them, we haven't broken them?"

I'm thinking for our 25th. Have the wedding I've always dreamed of.....that would be nice.
    SouthernMama08

Answer by SouthernMama08 at 10:50 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• We will probably renew our vows next year. We got married really fast (we eloped), and all kinds of things happened after that. We were separated for a year of the 3 years we've been married, and neither of us even really care about our "anniversary" because it was just the day we made things legal. To us, our real anniversary is 12/21/05 because that's when we got together and our wedding was supposed to be on 12/21/07 (it ended up being 10/22, exactly a week after I turned 18). We're thinking about renewing next year because our relationship is much stronger now, and we'll have time to plan and save money and the like. If we do it, our theme will probably be "It's the end of the world as we know it!" lol because of all the doomsday crap.

It depends on the couple, though. Some renew every few years, some every decade, some never do, etc. It's totally up to them.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 12:28 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• We have been married 19 and never renewed. My parents will reach their 50th in 2012 and they have never renewed. I have a cousin who renewed and they're divorced and my other cousin just renewed theirs (not sure of the year lol).
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 10:35 PM on Mar. 5, 2011