How do you fellowship with other Christians?

I was reading a post earlier and someone said something about Christians should only fellowship with other Christians. I don't agree with that but I do wonder what Christians fellowship about. I am a Christian but don't know many other Christians in real life...only online. I guess I can't say none but the few I know are Christian don't talk about Christian things and when I try to bring something up, the subject is changed by either them or someone else. When I go to Church nobody, besides the pastor when he preaches, talks to me about Christ, God, or the Bible. The only people in real life that I talk to and have listened are non-Christian people. Why is this?

Susan0976

Asked by Susan0976 at 11:49 PM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I know what you mean. we don't live close to each other but we can still talk about the Lord and also talk on the phone I would love to have a christian friend. This world is getting so bad I believe there is going to be a time when all christians is going to have to help each other out. Love ya in Christ message me if you would like,,,,
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 11:53 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• We are Christians, Catholics, in fact, and talk about God often. On my husbands side of the family there are 28 of us so there seems to be more opportunities to do so. Around friends the opportunities seem less especially if we are speaking of the children or of the sporting event (I don't get out too much lately), but I see your point in an online relationship being easier to keep balanced to that affect. I also don't think you should just fellowship with only just Christians either, I agree.

mp3mom

Answer by mp3mom at 12:06 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• We do Bible study once a week :) We take turns hosting dinner and spend about 4-6 hours together for the day. It's really nice to spend time with like-minded people.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 12:16 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Well some churches have fellowships that are hosted at someones house. Our church has GAP "God answers prayers" people met at homes to worship and pray every week. I have some I like to talk to about scripture. Maybe you can get involved in a ministry to meet new friends and of course serve the Lord.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 12:48 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I don't agree that we should only fellowship with other Christians. We have to reach out to non-believers,too. Salvation can't be gained by keeping the Word to ourselves, we have to share our faith or we will lose it. I fellowship with other Christians because after facing the "wolves" of the world I need a soft place. We do Bible study, prayer meeting,potlucks, socials, ect.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 5:47 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• There are plenty of ways. Look for a womens bible study or play groups. Most churches do have them. You can ask the preachers wife she usually knows all about womens ministries. If your church doesnt have them then you can always use cafemom or other places to see if there are women nearby witht he same interests and religious affiliation you have and start your own group.

I dont know why people dont just talk about their faith in public or with other christians. I guess based on just seeing things here people might feel they will be talked about or called some sort of religious fanatic because of their views. I just always try and remember we should never be afraid to talk about our beliefs with fellow christians. Remember if you deny him in life he will deny you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:16 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I don't agree that Christians should only fellowship with Christians if that were the case I'd need a divorice. But thats what going to church is about and I know at our church there are alot of programs throughout the week (bible studies, prayer meetings, kids clubs) that enable you to get together with other christians to talk about God. I only have a couple close Christian friends but my side of the family are Christians also so I really am blessed with alot of people to fellowship with. Its really awesome to be able to talk with other Christians about the Lord and also its important to talk to nonchristians as well about him.
    jojo13

Answer by jojo13 at 8:21 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I am not afraid to talk about the Lord in puplic and everyone that knows me knows this. I think though, they don't want to talk about it because they have other things going on...especially now, during the holidays. It saddens me to see the people close to me worry more about what they are going to buy or cook than they do thinking about why they are doing these things in the first place.

Christians are the ones who celebrate Christmas and they are the ones I know that don't have time to sit with me and talk about Christ. It's confusing at times, I guess.

Thank you all for your replies...you have all helped in answering my question. I will definately start to look for places where I can meet with and fellowship with other Christians. I love talking about scriptures with people and it would be nice to be able to talk to someone who has actually read the scriptures too.
    Susan0976

Answer by Susan0976 at 8:44 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• MOPS is a great way to connect with other Christian and non-Christian moms. It's held in local churches. You can visit www.mops.org to see if there is a group near you.
    mommytoadam

Answer by mommytoadam at 10:25 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• i have always fellowshiped others that is what being a true christian is about. even when others don't believe that mormons are christians but we are.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:46 PM on Nov. 21, 2008