Would you take pictures anyway?

our wedding pictures were ruined in a flood (hurricane Alison) no pics left what so ever :(
What would you do it's been years later and never got to take anymore pics again just kept putting it off would you take some pics now even though we don't look the same (youth wise)...lol
Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:22 PM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Money & Work

• Of course! I think that's a great idea.
    Anonymous

• I don't see taking wedding pix years later but you could have an anniversary or retake some vows and take new pix.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:23 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I don't know about trying to recreate wedding pictures, but it's always a good time for updated family photos, photos of you as a couple, etc.
    SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 10:29 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• If you still have your dress, consider a trash the dress photo shoot. If not, do a nice romantic shoot just of you two as a couple and enjoy. No matter when the pictures are taken, it's good to have them.

I'm so sorry that you lost your original photos. :( Shame that the photographer didn't keep negatives for you.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 10:31 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Oh I'm so sorry to hear that!  I'm sorry that something so priceless was destroyed, my heart goes out to you!  How about doing a couples pictures kind of thing?  Sort of like wedding pics.  Get dressed up, get a lot of pictures, etc.  Maybe even have a few friends over. You certainly deserve to have some awesome pictures!

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 10:32 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• YES!!!!!!!!!!!! why not? buy a dress if you dont have or dont fit into your old one and get him all dressed up and go take some more pics! you may not be as young as you were but why live in the past? you're still just as beautiful as you were the day those pics were taken.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 10:47 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Yes!!! Do it!! I think that it will be nice for your kids to have pictures of their mom and dad! Remember to get a box that is water/ fire proof and put copies in there!!
    tripletmom28

Answer by tripletmom28 at 1:25 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Have you contacted friends and/or family to see if they have pics from your wedding? Ask for copies and I thinks it's a great idea to take new ones as well. Water proof box is also a great idea.
    Onmyown2727

Answer by Onmyown2727 at 1:42 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I would do a family photoshoot, do something new... I'm sorry to hear about your loss, I couldn't imagine losing my wedding photos. ♥
    crazymommy2007

Answer by crazymommy2007 at 1:52 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• No, it's too late for that.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:39 AM on Mar. 3, 2011