Would you leave your SO if you found out he was having a "cyber affair" ?

As in, chatting with some unknown woman online that he hasn't met in real life.. flirting with her, sharing pictures, webcam if they have it, etc.

Is that on the same level to you as a physical affair?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:27 PM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• First I would get rid of the computer.
    MMXI

Answer by MMXI at 10:28 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I've said I would, and I probably would. If he's doing that kind of thing, we obviously have marital issues that he isn't even bothering to bring up. If discussing and working on it isn't worth it to him, why should it be worth it to me?
    catharsis

Answer by catharsis at 10:30 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• No. We are together for the long term, no matter what. He can have a gazillion hot passionate affairs, but he knows to come home to me. I am there when he needs me most. A red hot lover is only there for the short term thrills. I have told him this so often that he knows it. Cyber isn't real. It might as well be reading the newspaper. Besides, once I found a woman who was flirting with him and I told her she would be taking her teeth home in a paper bag if she spoke to him again. It worked and I told him so.
    MLM247

Answer by MLM247 at 10:46 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• MLM are you saying you still wouldn't leave if he was sleeping with other women? or are you only referring to the internet?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:48 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• cheating is cheating, bet he wouldn't like it if you were doing it.
    Tracee F.

Answer by Tracee F. at 10:54 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I came very very very close to it. I went and got the divorce papers and everything. I don't think internet affairs are a joke, they hurt just as much as any other type of adultery. It takes away trust, it hurts, it pisses you off, it doesn't matter if it's physical or not, being unfaithful is being unfaithful. I am still with him, but we have issues we are working out and I don't trust him. I love him, he's an excellent dad, but it's going to take time to gain my trust back before I can get back to a romantic, loving wife/husband type relationship with him.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 10:59 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• No it's not the same to me. Lots of guys do it and I don't find it offensive especially if they live far away so I know he'd never see her in person and act it out

Answer by admckenzie at 11:10 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I don't know what I would do, I would certainly want to know why.
    HKing01

Answer by HKing01 at 11:29 AM on Mar. 3, 2011