What age do I potty train my son?

My son is 16 months old and he wont stop pulling his diaper off ?

AshleyMcvay

Asked by AshleyMcvay at 10:31 PM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If he's interested, you can definitely introduce him to the potty. I started with DD when she was 17 months, it just seemed right. Never put pressure on her though, that would have turned her off the idea in a heartbeat.
    catharsis

Answer by catharsis at 10:33 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• If he seems ready, as sounds like you think he might be, then by all means have a go at it. But he's still very young. Don't be surprised if it's a long hard road at that age. Personally I'd rather wait until my kid is older, then there's more control over their body processes and communication is easier. Makes the whole process of training simpler and far less stressful.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 10:37 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Like said before me, if he's ready then go for it. However, it is common for boys to not train until 3 years old.

My youngest did that stunt of pulling his diaper off constantly. He just liked to be naked and free to dangle in the breeze. I had to use duct tape over the tabs to keep him from getting them off. I usually only did that at night, because I'd catch him taking pants and shirt off during the day, and he'd seldom get as far as his diaper at those times.
    SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 10:53 PM on Mar. 2, 2011