My 8.5 month old doesnt sleep very well.

My son is almost 9 months old & he takes maybe a 2hr nap but at night time he wakes up every 2 to 3 hrs to eat.. I have tried letting him cry or giving him a paci he dont want that & he'll just scream his head off.. He eats enough to get full, he has a bath everynight & i use that bedtime lavender stuff.. I just dont know what else to do. I have 3 other kids which i have to get up in the morning to get them off to school & im just so tired all the time. I just want some sleep. I dont know if i should take him to the dr. or what.. Please ladies i need some advice

masonbunch

Asked by masonbunch at 10:39 PM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My yongest is nearly 2-an-a-half and she STILL wakes up multiple times EVERY night, I just sleep with her in my bed, so I can feed/soothe her without getting up. I also go to bed when she does at night, even though it's early, so I still get my 8 hrs sleep. Sleep is really important to us mothers!
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 10:41 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I'm not sure what your whole routine is, but after the bath, do you read a story with him? It may calm him down another notch? Other than that, do you have a sound machine? I have a sound sleeper and we keep it on the ocean setting........good luck!
    Peggs11

Answer by Peggs11 at 11:01 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Some kids aren't good sleepers. Some adults arent good sleepers.

I would watch sugary things like juice or fruits in the evenings. Also, taking naps during the day helps babies sleep at night. Over tired babies don't sleep well at night.

If the doctor had a magic answer to getting babies to sleep thorough the night, that doctor would be a billionaire. I don't think the doc can help you.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:39 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• His wake pattern is unforunatley normal.The doc won't do anything for you.

Check out "The No Cry Sleep Solution" by Elizabeth Pantley. And sleep when he naps!

Answer by gdiamante at 11:22 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• When my babies went from sleeping great to horrible then I knew they had ear problems. If your son has always been sleeping poorly the only thing that worked for me was taking him to my moms.

When my youngest was 1 year old my husband and I took a vacation and my mom was great to take my kids. My youngest had ear problems which we put tubes in his ears and then shortly after that he started waking for hours during the night. Well mom took him for the week and we warned her of his bad sleeping. My mom didn't have 1 problem with him sleeping. she said she would put him in his bed a wake and everything. When he came home a week later he was a changed baby (sleeping that is). It was the greatest gift I have ever gotten!!! A child that sleeps!!

Good luck!!
    ChristyW3

Answer by ChristyW3 at 9:07 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Thank you all for you comments.. I really appreciate it. alot of good advice.. Whats funny is i had post this last night & he slept all night crazy huh?.. It was very nice..
    masonbunch

Comment by masonbunch (original poster) at 10:18 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Co-sleep

Answer by rkoloms at 4:37 AM on Mar. 4, 2011