Is anyone out there a really bad housekeeper?

I am. I just am terrible at it! I even try flylady.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:50 PM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Just for Fun

• i am horrible at it. i have it. totally hate it.
    ldylancer03

Answer by ldylancer03 at 11:58 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I'll admit it - I am. I hate housework. I hate mess too. But I hate housework with a passion. I'm trying very hard to reform.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:16 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• What is FLYLADY? and yes, I am so unorganized and messy, I hate sweeping under stuff and mopping, dusting, my shower! ugh!!!! Dishes get done every 3 days but then again I never cook and it is just me and one kid. I am embarrassed to let anyone visit, Don't get me started on my yard, just picture Malcolm in the Middles yard.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Yes I am horrible and even worse since iv moved to where I live now ,if I were not depressed it would get better but im still not a spotless housekeeper I wanna play with my kids... I think there is a happy medium you need to keep it so your kids can at least move around and not be walking through piles of crap, but I do let things go when I dont feel good or want to play with them, IMO what are my kids gonna rememeber..... ohhh my mom never had time for us but our house was sure always clean or our house was never spotless cause she always took the time to play with us and do things with us!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 12:37 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Omg. I am really bad too. I keep my house only clean enough to whip it into shape with no less than one hours notice of someone coming over. I used to be much worse. I would need two days to prepare for anyone to come over! I still hate cleaning. I wish so much that I was a neat freak like some of my friends.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 1:01 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• If it weren't for my Zune (like iPod) and timers forcing myself to do a few minutes a day I'd never do squat. I HATE housework, the busywork, dishes, laundry.I don't mind the actual cleaning, scrubbing, etc but due to dust allergies dusting and vacuuming are really unpleasant.

FlyLady has some good principles to break things down into steps, but it takes commitment over TIME, not a quick fix. www.flylady.net
    tigrefan98

Answer by tigrefan98 at 1:05 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I hate doing housework but I always feel so good when the house is clean. That forces me to do cleaning, but laundry always gets left behind :(
    CashJulianMommy

Answer by CashJulianMommy at 1:12 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I just looked up flylady, uhhhhhh I'm not shining my sink. LOL!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 1:47 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• You ever watch "how clean is you house?" Now, THOSE ppl are bad housekeepers. Unless anybody here has a house that looks like one of those,then you arent really that bad!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:21 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I hate cleaning house, yes I feel great when it does get cleaned, but thats very rarely by me. I dont mind it I just cant physically keep it up as well as take care of my almost 3year old daughter alone. I too wish I was one of those neat freaks, where things stay neat and tidy, but I never have been and I am 37. If there are any suggestions out there, let me know.
    Mom2EDM

Answer by Mom2EDM at 3:10 AM on Nov. 21, 2008