I hate sympathy.

Does anyone else get uncomfortable when people feel sorry for you? I don't like blabbing my problems to everyone to begin with, but I absolutely hate when people take pity on me. Maybe it's just my pride, and I'm not against anyone understanding my feelings, but I hate when people start with the whole "awwwww" and whatever else. I've been told this is weird - most people like the attention.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:04 PM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• I dont like it either. Thats why I dont like telling people if something bad has happened. For instance, I didnt want to tell anyone that my dad passed away 3 weeks ago, because I didnt want anyone feeling sorry for me, or asking me how Im doing with it every time I see them. I dont know how to answer and I dont know how to accept people sympathy. But again its one of those things you have to let people around you know, or theyll bring it up sometime later and ask why you never told them.
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 11:21 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I'm not a big fan of pity.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 11:06 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• To me it shows how much the person cares so I take comfort in it.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 11:05 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I don't think awwwwwww means they pity you. I think they just don't know what to say. You sound like a strong woman and can get through all that comes at you in life. That's a good thing.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:07 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• shruggingNope, not weird at all. I hate it too. But maybe I'm weird too. I hate attention,though, especially negative attention like that.

mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 11:07 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• When I say "awwwww" it's not out of pity, it's out of understanding.  I FEEL for what that person is going through or is saying. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 11:23 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• i don't like pity, i hate it..but when someone says aww its not just pity its compasion , understanding or i wish i could be there for you
    raynebowstarz

Answer by raynebowstarz at 11:25 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• i like sympathy but there is a line i like people to know what i am going through but if they take it to extreme I get irritated... idk im complicated lol
    MOM2DYLnHAYLEE

Answer by MOM2DYLnHAYLEE at 2:01 AM on Mar. 3, 2011